Monday, September 6, 2010

No-Labor Labor Day

Today is Labor Day. Usually around my house that means as little labor as possible on this fine holiday. I love having an extra day, to not have to plan to do anything, and to almost have a day off. Well, I am a homemaker and that is virtually an oxymoron. There is no such thing as a day off when you are AT your WORKPLACE, virtually 24/7.

I do plan to do a few things. Wash a load of towels, maybe work on some crafts for Christmas (yeah, it's approaching quickly), whip up a little something for dinner. I might even get the urge to start a new painting. But not likely. Geesh, if I get those three things done, don't you think that's enough for a holiday that is supposed to  relieve you from you labor for one day?Oh, and one more thing I might squeeze in, a nap, I've been meaning to do that for a while now.  Happy No-Labor Labor Day to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment